Monday 22 February 2010

Requests for subjects

You will, I hope, have noticed that requests for the types of subjects you want to seen on the website are comprehensively welcomed. Some of you who have made requests will also be aware that your requests might not yet have been fulfilled.

A good example of this apparent oversight is a recent request for photos of horses. Living on the edge of London the opportunities for taking photos of horses are, at best, fairly limited. It hasn't helped that almost every horse I've seen over the past few months has been wearing a coat - I'm reasonably sure I've even seen some wearing boots and hats! Can't blame them for that, but such deviant fashion sense doesn't really help the photographer who wants to shoot natural looking animal photos. When the weather warms up and we all shed our coats, horses and humans alike, the photos will start to appear.

Flowers are another frequently requested subject. As I can't blame the weather for the lack of flowers on the site, I'll have to resort to blaming the lack of the proper lighting - that and a lack of the space required to show flowers off the way they should be shown. That will change. I hope to sort out a proper studio, with proper lighting and the proper background very soon. As soon as it happens I'll post that info on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment